This event is about VicHealth’s approach to preventing harm from alcohol over the next three years, and the exciting opportunities this presents for Victorian local councils, researchers and practitioners who work to reduce harm from alcohol.
Guided by their recently released Alcohol Cultures Framework, VicHealth’s $1.3 million Alcohol Culture Change Grants Initiative is seeking applications from local councils to work with researchers, community partners and others to design, implement and evaluate initiatives to improve cultures of risky drinking.
You will also hear about alcohol culture change programs currently in action via an interactive panel. Speakers will include:
- Martin Foley, Minister for Mental Health
- Jerril Rechter, CEO, VicHealth
- Chris Raine, CEO, Hello Sunday Morning
- Professor Sandra Jones, CHASR Australian Catholic University
- Liss Gabb, cohealth Arts Generator
Tuesday 9 August 2016
Victoria University Convention Centre, Level 12, 300 Flinders Street, Melbourne
By Friday 5 August 2016. Please click here to RSVP.