The National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA) will host a national conference on identifying, preventing and responding to alcohol and other drug problems among older Australians.
The Grey Matters National Conference will be held on:
Wednesday 1 April 2015 9am – 5pm at the Marion Cultural Centre, 287 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park, Adelaide.
The Conference aims to:
- Promote better understanding, and raise awareness of, alcohol and other drug issues as they impact older Australians
- Clarify the implications, for the aged care sector and the alcohol and other drug prevention / treatment sector, of trends in alcohol and drug use among older Australians
- Identify possible ways forward for cross-sectoral initiatives and response strategies.
Who should attend?
- Aged care service providers (community and residential) and policy staff
- Alcohol and other drug prevention, treatment and policy staff
- Primary care workers with a role in meeting the health and welfare needs of older Australians
Download the Conference flyer.