‘A call to the parties: prevention, treatment and reducing the harms: alcohol and other drug priorities up to 2018’ is the title of an upcoming pre-election forum in Melbourne.
Run by the Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association, in partnership with a number of agencies, it will be hosted by the city’s 774 ABC radio presenter Jon Faine.
The event will allow candidates to address the key challenges in the alcohol and other drug (AOD) arena over the next four years.
The confirmed speakers are:
• Minister Mary Wooldridge (Coalition)
• Mr Gavin Jennings (Australian Labor Party)
• Ms Colleen Hartland (Greens)
• Ms Fiona Patten (Sex Party)
It takes place between 2pm and 5pm (with registration 2pm to 2.30pm) on 17 October 2014 at Richmond Town Hall, 333 Bridge Road, Richmond.
To get involved, visit www.vaada.eventbrite.com.au and register before 14 October 2014.
• Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association
• Yarra Drug and Health Forum
• Penington Institute
• Australian Drug Foundation
• Harm Reduction Victoria