The 2014 conference will provide an opportunity for delegates to examine treatment practice and approaches, discuss research and emerging trends and identify ways to ensure the ongoing sustainability of the sector.
With a number of major changes and funding reforms underway in the Australian AOD sector, there is a unique and important opportunity for individuals and organisations working in the industry, whether in a clinical, research or policy role, to play a part in influencing the future direction of the sector. The 2014 Australian Winter School conference will draw together keynotes, presentations, workshops and ideas which:
- establish evidenced-based practice and key components required for successful and effective alcohol and other drugs treatment, programs and services – to provide delegates with tips, tools and solution
- develop an understanding of the importance of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement
- analyse the best ways of influencing policy, the role of research and evaluation, and how best to engage in strategic dialogue and advocacy.
There’s something for everyone!
- early intervention, prevention and health promotion
- working with Indigenous communities
- young people, investing in our future
- new and emerging drugs, the trends, the laws and the strategies
- pharmaceuticals, a growing problem
- treatment settings and practices
- trauma informed practice
- forensic programs, the intersection between sectors
- advocacy in action and consumer participation