The McCusker Centre for Action on Alcohol and Youth, Cancer Council Victoria, and Cancer Council WA will host the upcoming forum ‘Alcohol advertising and young people: Taking action‘ on Tuesday 11 June in Melbourne.
The forum will include presentations from a range of speakers, an update on activities of the Alcohol Advertising Review Board, and interactive discussion on ways to address alcohol advertising.
- Todd Harper, CEO, Cancer Council Victoria
- Professor Simone Pettigrew, Professor of Marketing, University of Western Australia
- Dr Stephen Parnis, President, Australian Medical Association Victoria
- Jane Martin, Executive Manager, Alcohol and Obesity Policy, Cancer Council Victoria
- Professor Mike Daube, Director, McCusker Centre for Action on Alcohol and Youth
- Terry Slevin, Chair, Occupational & Environmental Cancer Committee, Cancer Council Australia
- Hannah Pierce, McCusker Centre for Action on Alcohol and Youth
Date and time: Tuesday 11 June 2013, 11am-1pm. Light lunch to follow.
Venue: Cancer Council Victoria, 100 Drummond St, Carlton (See map)
RSVP: By Fri 7 June to Hannah Pierce, hannah.pierce @ curtin.edu.au or (08)9266 7117
Please note: This forum is for those working in public health and related areas, and is not open to the alcohol industry or its associates.