Nominations have opened for the 2013 National Drug and Alcohol Awards (NDAA) which take place at Parliament House in Canberra on 20 June 2013.
A highlight of Drug Action Week (16-22 June 2013), the NDAAs encourage, recognise, and celebrate the achievements of people and organisations that work to reduce the harm and impact of alcohol and other drugs in Australia.
The 2013 Awards are being hosted by the Alcohol and other drugs Council of Australia (ADCA) and are open to all people and organisations working across the health and well being sectors.
The Prime Minister’s Award is the standout feature of the Award Categories which include:
- Excellence in Prevention and Community Education
- Excellence in Treatment and Support
- Excellence in Research
- Excellence in Services for Young People
- Excellence in Law Enforcement
- Excellence in Alcohol and Other Drug Media Reporting
- Excellence in School Drug Education
- Excellence in Creating Healthy Sporting Communities.
Read more about the Awards and the nomination process from the NDAA’s new website.